October 2, 2007

LIFE: S.W.A.T.T.I.N.G. SINS AWAY

I love being Catholic! There I was at St. Peter's Church (Franciscan Shrine in the heart of Chicago with Mass and Confession on tap all day) coming out of the confessional. Everyone was holding the confessional door for the next person. Well, I step out of the confessional and there's this huge S.W.A.T. dude standing there in full gear (minus that helmet that looks like what welders wear). We were both so shocked. I'm thinking: "Is he going to confession?" He's probably thinking: "Do nuns go to confession?" (People never think we sin or need prayers.) So we just stood there staring at each other for a brief minute, me still holding the door for him. End freeze-frame. He goes to confession, I go do my penance. I love being Catholic!

No comments:

Post a Comment